Cruelty-Free Silk Pillowcase
100% Cruelty-Free Silk Standard Pillowcase
Save a little with a 2 pack here
*Ivory (undyed) are back in stock and will ship immediately.
Bleach-free, chemical-free, 100% organic and natural.
For every item sold, we donate a pair of underwear to women or youth in a requesting organization in need. Why? Because underwear is the least donated yet most requested item of clothing.
Hand dyed natural color options:
Ivory : dye free, off-white
Logwood: natural dye extracted from the heartwood of logwood trees in Central America and the West Indies
Marigold : naturally dyed by hand with real marigold flowers
Olive: (currently sold out) naturally hand-dyed by dipping in a natural indigo dye vat and then natural marigold flower dye. It's a natural dye hybrid!
Dye artist is local Kansas City maker, Alyx Jacobs.
**If you have our organic bamboo sateen sheet set, the ivory color will not be a perfect color match to our ivory silk pillowcases. Our bamboo sheets are draped in background of a few of the photos to show the slight color difference. The silk ivory is more of a creamy off-white compared to the bright ivory white in the bamboo sheet set.
About the fabric :
- Rare peace silk - also known as Ahimsa silk - is a process that allows the silkworm to emerge from their cocoon free and happy and complete their natural life cycle. The empty cocoons are then used to produce silk. Cruelty-free silk is not a vegan fabric since animals are used to make it, however, it's animal-friendly. Unlike traditional silk, silkworms are not killed in the process to make it.
About the texture:
- To our knowledge, the peace silk we source is the only cruelty-free peace silk satin - the first of its kind! Unlike traditional silk with a shiny satin texture, our peace-silk satin has a soft, lightweight texture with a creamy off-white natural sheen.
About the garment production:
- Designed by founder
- Garment made in Kansas City, MO by our contracted and payroll sew team. All sewers earn a living wage and work in an ethical micro-factory.
- Fabric is ethically made by small family farms in rural India
- Each garment was individually cut by hand, intentionally and slowly sewn with love and quality and requires many hours of labor. This USA made product is a true testament to slow fashion and ethical garment manufacturing. The only way we can compete with the cheap prices of fast fashion brands and offshore garment manufacturing is through quality production and fair wages to our entire team.
About the garment care:
- This is a washable silk, but we recommend hand washing and hanging to try
- Dryer machines may shrink size of garment 5-10%
- Do not bleach any of our products as bleach breaks the fiber of natural fabrics
- Recommend making a paste with oxi clean and vinegar for stain removal